Copyright 2003 - 17 All rights reserved.
Inktec Ink | Scottish Freemasons | Ink Cartridges and Inkjet refill
Save on Toner and Toner CartridgesThere is no question that toner is the most expensive part of owning a laser printer. Statistics show that the average laser printer life span is approximately five years. Over that five-year period, you will pay seven times as much for toner and toner cartridges as you paid for your laser printer. If your printer lasts more than five years, you will pay even more.
Here are a eight ways to help you save your toner cost.
1. Before you purchase a replacement toner cartridge, do a little homework. You need to know what type of toner or toner cartridge you are buying. Everyone s printing needs are different. For example, you may want to use one type of toner cartridge for draft printing and use a higher quality cartridge for your final print. Regardless of what you decide to do, you will always save money when you make an informed purchasing decision. Avoid the headaches that occur from spontaneous, uninformed purchases.
2. Buy compatible toner cartridges. Compatible toner cartridges are brand new toner cartridges made by third party companies. They are manufactured to the exact OEM specifications of your laser printer. The manufacturing technology for compatible cartridges has significantly improved in the past few years. The technology used by these compatible toner companies is as good as the technology used by major printer manufacturers.
3. Buy remanufactured toner cartridges. Third party printer companies produce remanufactured toner cartridges. They take empty toner cartridges, empty any excess toner waste and then refill the cartridge with the toner designed for your printer. These cartridges are then put through a quality check process to insure the drum and other cartridge parts are working correctly.
4. Buy a toner refill kit. A toner refill kit gives you the tools and instructions required to refill your own toner cartridge. It usually takes less than ten minutes. Be sure to follow the step-by-step instructions carefully. You can expect to refill a toner cartridge approximately three times before it must be replaced.
5. Replace the toner drum instead of entire cartridge. Many toner cartridges allow you to replace just the drum instead of the whole cartridge. Replacing just the drum will save you money.
6. Shop around for toner and toner cartridges. Don t purchase a toner cartridge or toner from the first company you come across. You can often find bargains by doing a little shopping and comparison. For example, you can go to an auction site such as eBay and check their prices for toner or toner cartridges. Some companies let you use coupons to save on purchases. Many toner companies will ship your toner order free. A little comparison shopping can save you a lot of money.
7. Order your toner and toner cartridges online. In most cases, you will find that purchasing your toner cartridges online will save you a lot of money. These online toner companies do not have to maintain a storefront. They can pass this savings in overhead along to the consumer. These online companies also sell multiple types of toner cartridges. Most retail stores sell name brand cartridges, which are more expensive.
8. You can avoid a lot of headaches on that great toner deal by following a few simple guidelines. Always purchase from a reliable toner company. Last, but definitely not least, always purchase your toner and toner cartridges from reputable online companies. Visit our website to learn What You Should Know Before Purchasing a Compatible Toner Cartridge Online.